Brosco Windows

My 12 year old house in New England was built with Brosco all-wood windows. At least a quarter of these windows are failing with rot starting in the corners where the trim meets the sill. In one place, the rot got so bad that it leaked into the walls and started rotting the framing.

I also just had a dormer put in about 2 years ago and the carpenter used a Brosco window for that as well. The sill on the 2 year old window has several cracks in it along the grain of the wood that will almost inevitably start rotting very soon.

Has anyone else had these kinds of problems with Brosco windows? Are these windows just plain cheap or were they possibly instaled incorrectly? Do I have any hope in getting a warranty replacement for the 2-year old one with a failing sill?

-- Mike

Reply to
mdreading