Brooklyn Lumber Shops - NYC ??

Anyone know of any good independant lumber shops in Brooklyn NYC that have decent framing lumber. My local lumeryard stinks and I hate driving out to Lowes but so far, they seem to have pretty good stock *pricey at $4 for 2x4* but it's pretty straight, etc.
I don't know what your doing with them but have you looked at steel studs? For non bearing walls they are the way to go! Rich

It's not loadbearing but I'm remodeling my kitchen in the next few weeks. The *straighter* the better but I don't think steel studs with blocking is strong enough for blocking.
I even considered going with LSL studs but the going rate was almost 3X the cost of a quality wood 2x4.

Try Stober building supply. I think there is one in Brooklyn.
I meant Strober Building supply. I mis-spelled the last post.
I pass by the warehouse lot everyday - off the BQE.
Is there another warehouse location cause I never see any cars go into that lot...
Their lot is filled with wood that is kept outdoors uncovered. Is that a good thing. I would think not unless the wood I see uncovered all outside is slated for something else ..........

If the wood kept outside is pressure treated or cedar, then its not a problem. But the fact is a lot of lumberyards keep some of their supplies outside.