Broken Spa Heater

I have a MiniMax Pool and Spa Heater (Purex Pool Equipment) that is about 10 years old. We seldom heat the pool, but do periodically use it on the spa. However, it is no longer working correctly.

When turned on, it will heat for about 10 minutes and then shut off. If I wait a few minutes, it will start to heat, then shut off.

How can I tell whether there is a problem with the thermostat or one of the safety valves (water or gas pressure, internal overheating)?

Thanks,

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whistler