broken sewer lateral

My sewer lateral is broken about 8" from my foundation and is about 3" lower at the septic end. hoe do I fix this?
Pyro70_30 wrote:

Obviously, excavate to allow access.
Cast iron? Vitrified clay? ABS/PVC? Orange (ugh) burg?
Trim the broken stub from the house. For cast iron or clay I would use a masonry saw blade (gently) or even a Dremel type tool with cutoff disc.
Make sure the stub remaining is sound and won't crack further in the future.
If the septic end has really dropped 3" due to settling, excavate enough distance so that you can couple in a new section using 45 EL's.
Get a pair of these to match the pipe material: http://www.fernco.com/coupling.asp
Jim
Speedy Jim wrote:

<edit> Probably can't fit even 45's in; maybe 22 1'2 EL's or just let the Ferncos absorb the drop... Jim

6" clay with a Dremel tool??? You must have lots of patience. I like a snap cutter (the cast iron kind) even on clay.
JK