Broken Roof Truss

Page 2 of 2

aemeijers wrote:

If there were no load on it now, the broken ends would be together.
aemeijers wrote:

Well you mention some type of lever or jack, that sounds fine but until now no one mentioned pulling the broken joist together before sistering it. Maybe just a strong ratchet strap would pull it together? Whatever works. Just do it BEFORE sistering it!
Tony wrote:

Before I did that I would make 2 cuts through the break about 1" apart so the two pieces do not touch when pulled back into place. When you get the correct length temporarily screw a 2x2 on the top side of both halves to keep the truss true (keeping the ratchet strap in place).
Once you sister the truss on both sides (glue it and screw it) you can remove the 2x2 and strap... and Bob's your uncle!
Ned Flanders wrote:

Sounds good to me. Without cutting a section out it is doubtful the ends would perfectly mate again.