broken piston rod

Page 3 of 5
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

No bitch, just a simple answer to a dumb question.
--
RonNNN

On 07/12/2016 01:37 PM, RonNNN wrote:

[ How else are you supposed to interrupt someone? ]

snipped-for-privacy@your.domain.tld says...

Just like you did it, however I doubt that a Christmas tree will grow from this seedling. [g]
--
RonNNN

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:44:38 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain

Except to be legal here it would also need to have a green wire in it.

Jeez. Would you guys take your cross-the-pond what do words mean pointless, useless argument back to the playground?

He started it. And.... he's an American. All Americans are childish.
--
You know, sometimes I get the sudden urge to run around naked.
But then I just drink some Windex. It keeps me from streaking.

At no time in the past have we needed your help.
--
A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 07:18:56 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain

I can just see the idiot - even with 240 volts like they use in Limey-Land - running a 250 foot #8 cord to get enough power to the mower - or having half a dozen outdoor power posts scattered around the yard so he can get away with 50 ft cords - and then forgetting and running over the cord making 25 foot cords.
Electric is fine for the little "gardens" around the "flats" in London or Birmingham - but living in council housing he doesn't enen need to wory about that. A Bulimic rabbit could keep up with most of those yards.

Yes, we have proper electricity, not battery voltage.

WTF is a #8 cord? Why do you have code numbers? Ours are sold by the amperage they take. And all extensions are 13 amp, so you can plug anything into them.
Calculating.... our 13A extensions are 16AWG, which would only drop 10 volts over 250 feet with a 1kW motor running. So your point has failed miserably.

I don't live in council housing.

We don't mow yards, because yards are concrete. We mow lawns.
--
Sexy Sharon's sister saw saucy Sally swiftly suck seventy six soldiers sons.

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 8:42:55 AM UTC-4, James Wilkinson wrote:

Large "garden" is what, 1000 sq meters? Try using that extension cord on an acre or two and see how it goes. BTW, this is a riding mower we're talking about. You see riding electric mowers with power cords dragging behind much?

No, because we're not big fat yanks that like to sit down to do everything. You want fries with that?
--
Heaven forbid that we allow men and women to become heroes.
Too many regulations exist to keep cowards from being embarrassed.
"James Wilkinson" ( snipped-for-privacy@something.com) writes:

I knew a dolly bird who used to give me 'fat yanks' to my piston rod. She had such a cute accent also... I could only imagine you sound exactly like her when you talk!

We seem to have one in Scotland: https://www.just-eat.co.uk/restaurants-fat-yankees-hamilton
--
If one of the questions in a GCSE exam was "express 4.8% as a fraction", most would write "low battery".

trader_4 posted for all of us...

No worries this sod would soon have the cord wrapped around his neck or run over the cord with exciting results. Either way problem solved.
T4 don't feed this troll...
--
Tekkie

Granted,

g metric

e. Try

When

e is only limited to the length of extension lead you can get, and there are also powerful models available."

d on

e talking

nd

r run

You need to refer to a previous thread I was in, where *I* was the only one that knew how to cut a lawn without the cord ever being in the way of the next pass.

Where "troll" = someone with a different opinion to yours. Grow up.
-- A friend will help you move house, a good friend will help you move a body.
On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 06:57:53 -0700, Taxed and Spent

I'd like to see him mow the yard at my friend's farm - or any place that NEEDS a 13HP or larger mower - with an electric - corded or cordless. It's about a 7 hour job with a 42 inch rider including the banks of the drainage ditch at the road.

A yard is made of concrete. We mow lawns.

That much land should have animals grazing it.
--
More people in the UK are injured by standing on upturned mains plugs than by electric shocks.

On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 9:51:17 AM UTC-4, James Wilkinson wrote:

od (13200-Z0A-801). I found ones on the internet, but they go for $60, whic h is a lot for this. Does anyone have an idea of how close are the toleran ces for other onces that I might find? If I go to a junk auto yard, do I h ave a reasonable chance of finding one in a car with the same dimensions, o r do cars use much bigger ones? If I look around for lawn mowers, with a H onda engine, how much of a chance is there that I'd find one which fits, or are they really propriatary with custom dimensions.

. Electricity is the future.

I like to laugh at stupid Britts who think that we use riding lawn mowers to mow a 100 sq meter lawn. Try mowing an acre or two with an electric and see how it goes. And how long the expensive batteries in in last compared to a gas engine.

An acre? 63m by 63m? I have a standard extension reel here that's 50m. I'm sure I could get a longer one or use two. No batteries needed.
--
Beating your wife is like keying your own car.

If you have a couple of acres, that's a field, why not put cattle on it or a horse?