broken piston rod

Page 2 of 5

I like to laugh at people having trouble with old fashioned petrol mowers. Electricity is the future.
--
A group of white South Africans recently killed a black lawyer because he was black. That was wrong. They should have killed him because he was a lawyer.

On 7/11/2016 6:51 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

go ahead and laugh, until the generator throws a rod.

I don't have a generator.
--
What's soft and warm when you go to bed, but hard and stiff when you wake up?
Vomit.
On 7/11/2016 7:03 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

I just can't see you as the laughing type.

I laugh at people with busted lawnmower engines.
--
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." -- Popular Mechanics, 1949

On 7/11/2016 9:36 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

[snip]
the same dimensions, or do cars use much bigger ones? If I look

How long does it take you with that electric lawnmower, James? Granted, you can cover 100 square feet of lawn (or do you insist on using metric equivalent) in a short amount of time.

Size of mower is not equal to type of mower power unit.
--
Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques.

On 7/11/2016 8:02 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

[snip]

Of course it isn't equal. It is, however, dependent upon the size. Try running a 60" ZTR mower with either a battery or electrical cord.
Electric mowers are just the thing for a table top "city" lawn. When you start keeping acres manicured. . . not so much.

http://www.lawnmowerguide.co.uk/Guide/Electric_Mowers.aspx "An electric lawn mower is still suitable for large gardens as range is only limited to the length of extension lead you can get, and there are also powerful models available."
--
Boys who rub me up the wrong way come to a sticky end. -- Stephen Fry

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 7:42:55 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

A lead is for walking the dog...a cord is an electrical extension.

No, a cord is a piece of string, something like you'd pull a blind down with to keep the sun out of your window. Actually, we mostly just say "an extension", the context makes it obvious it's for electricity. Dunno why some people say lead - normally the wire is called a wire or a flex.
--
Is an infirmary a place for people who can't get it up?

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 9:39:43 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
ote:

s only limited to the length of extension lead you can get, and there are a lso powerful models available."

ith to keep the sun out of your window. Actually, we mostly just say "an e xtension", the context makes it obvious it's for electricity. Dunno why so me people say lead - normally the wire is called a wire or a flex.

There is reinforcing in an electrical extension...that's why it's called a cord. You didn't even mention a lead for a dog...maybe you have no opinion? Fat chance of that!

I've never seen reinforcing in one. It's just a PVC wire the same as a flex for a device.

Eh? You mentioned the dog.
--
With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 10:53:49 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

Then obviously...you've never stripped one...not very handy, are you?
Flex? No such thing!

I've stripped plenty. Here, inform yourself: https://www.electrical-trader.co.uk/cable/flex-cable/3-core-flex-cable That's the stuff used for appliances and for extensions. In fact everything other than wires inside walls.
--
Peter is listening to "DJ Splash - Bass is kicking"

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 11:06:33 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

Wow, you are an idiot! Do you think a company selling wire is going to show the reinforcing material for a catalog? Maybe you have lower standards where you're at, but this would be an actual extension cord: http://tinyurl.com/h922l9n

Says the guy who doesn't know what a sig delimiter is.

Nope, we don't use wire like that, we use wire like I showed in my link, and that's what it looks like when you strip it to replace the plug.
And why doesn't your extension cord have an earth?
--
Keith was explaining to his sister how to jump start a car.
"I explained about which cables to hook up where and in what order.
On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 12:51:17 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
ote:

wrote:

e:
om>

called a cord.

as a flex for a device.

ion? Fat chance of that!

?

ything other than wires inside walls.

terial for a catalog? Maybe you have lower standards where you're at, but t his would be an actual extension cord: http://tinyurl.com/h922l9n

and that's what it looks like when you strip it to replace the plug.

Another ignorant question, I'm using a double-insulated tool. And your cord s are truly lacking in quality and safety. I'm fairly sure I stripped simil ar cord from Canada and it had fiber strengthening in it. It was used on a Carroll hospital bed. Obviously, you fellas accept less!

Probably for the same reason Stormin Mormon thinks he's "center posting" by breaking the middle of a sentence and putting his words inside brackets.
--
RonNNN

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 2:37:34 PM UTC-5, RonNNN wrote:

Could you figure it out...then what's the bitch?