broken nut

Has anyone ever have this happen?

today I went to change the table saw blade and when I unscrewed the nut that holds on the blade, it was cracked in half. I was thinking after I replaced the blade and installed a new nut what would have happened if the nut broke in half while spinning.

I must say "in all the years of changing saw blades I have never seen or heard of this happening".

Has anyone ever have this happen?

Reply to
3G

Ya got lucky. Only a couple of things can happen there. One, the hub can spin freely in the hole in the blade. Two, the blade could wobble. Three, something could cut loose and launch.

Replace with a high grade steel nut.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B