Broken hardiplank

During an aggressive lawnmowing afternoon, I accidentally struck the corner edge of my hardiplank siding with my push mower. A roughly 4" x 4" x 2" triangular piece of hardiboard snapped right off.
Other than removing the entire board and replacing it, does anyone have any suggestions on how to best repair it?
Best regards, EHomeRepairer
Glue it back on snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

"Glue it back on".
The bottom-most hardiplank board hangs low. Behind the piece that broke off, there is nothing to "glue" it to.
snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote:

I think the idea would be to try to glue it back on to whatever it broke off from, mating the broken edge to the edge that it came from. Tomes

On 7 Oct 2006 20:00:44 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Guessing from the description:
1. Scrap wood.
2. Glue broken piece to scrap wood leaving enough scrap wood exposed to glue to the remaining big section. It should look like a 'handle'
3. Glue remaining scrape wood, the 'handle' to the remaining hardiplank.
Does this help?
tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

On 7 Oct 2006 20:00:44 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

That's why you keep a bucket of scrap wood in your garage. You will make a backing out of a scrap piece of 1x4 and a couple of door shims and contact cement. Every home should have a package of door shims for just such occasions.
Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions, I'm going to employ the scrap wood idea.
DK wrote:

Plant a bush or thick plant so that it hides the missing part. Muff