Broken Hampton Bay ceiling fan remote receiver

I've already replaced the unit since the alternative was dismantling the whole fan, boxing it up, and sending it back. I was hoping to get some life out of this receiver. This came with the fan (Cassaro model) and worked for awhile before it started sending any commands at all. I changed the channels and the remote's batteries, making sure to match channels on both ends. No go.

I wonder if anybody has run into these before and if there's a common problem with them. I've opened it up and tested the fuse, which seems to be fine. There are quite a few, big capacitors in it, none of which appear to be blown. I'm about to toss it because that's about as far as I can reasonably and economically test it.

Reply to
Adam Preble