Broken Glass on Smoothtop range...replacing?

Hi, all.
I have a Whirlpool RC3024 ceran-top range. Yesterday, the glass top was broken due to a minor accident.
Local suppliers quote replacement glass to be about $300, which is what I was expecting, but I've not been able to find out details on how to physically replace the glass.
If someone has any information on how to accomplish this, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks in advance, -intrepid
MY buddy dropped a hammer through one and we researched fixing it. The cooktop is a factory sealed unit so the whole thing get's replaced. As a result we replaced the entire range for about $150 more than the repair would have cost. Now when he remodels kitchens he plywoods over the tops! intrepid snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote:

A friend of mine bought one of these for his part time vacation home which he also rents out. It was only a few months old when some renters put a nice big chip/crack in it. He didn't notice it until he had returned their securtiy deposit.
I checked into the price of a replacement and it was ~$300. The whole range only cost like $375. So, from a practical standpoint, he's learned to live with it.
In looking at the online drawings, I came to the same conclusion as Bamboo. It looked like the glass was part of the the whole top assembly and it gets replaced as one.

intrepid snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

The whole top is replaced, not just the glass. Mine has developed cracks throughout the whole top; I've been ignoring it and will replace the whole unit when it no longer functions.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com
Dave Bugg wrote:

All:
Don't know if anyone is even keeping up with this, but just in case....
I was able to order the replacement glass from Whirlpool, and installed it as predicted in about 10 minutes. The stove is back in operation and working perfectly.
-intrepid
intrepid snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

intrepid snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Good job. Glad it worked out so well.