Broken door knob

Hello,
Really could use some help here ! When opening the front door to my house one day the knob just came off in my hand. There does not seem to be a way to re-attach it to the shaft it came off of. The door hardware does not contain a lock, there is a seperate dead bolt on the door. Please help !
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net
steve cannon wrote:

It would really help get you an answer if you would post a link to a photo of what you have, there are about a zillion different doorknob designs 'yaknow.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)