Broken Concrete: Disposal

I've generated about 6 yards of concrete chunks that need to find a new home.
So far, I've determined:
My local recycling facility will take it and U$ 55.00 FOB their site which is about 12 miles distant. I don't have a truck, and if I did, I wouldn't make it do 17 full - load trips.
"Rock Box" rental runs about U$ 300.00
Skidsteer rental runs about U$ 300.00
Several people in my area, faced with the same issue have ads in Craigslist offering it as 'clean fill' for retaining walls etc.
Two local guys on Craigslist that have skidsteers and dump trucks are both unable to return phone calls.
Do I:
Put it near my sidewalk with a sign: "Free Retaining Wall Kit!"
Give up. Hire the skidsteer and rock box.
Be more persistent with the dump truck guys.
Buy a couple bags of mortar and turn it into a tasteful water feature.
What has worked for you?
Thanks!
--Winston
--

"In an age of bodily repose, with nearly all locomotion artificial,
with money as the principal purveyor, it is not surprising that men are

Some "Green people" seem to like recycling this stuff..Try Craigslist
Rudy wrote:

OK. First I will look into recycling it in the current project.
Thanks!
--Winston
Winston wrote:

Dig a hole and bury it?
(you can always give clean fill dirt away, if you don't have a low spot in yard that needs filling.)
Or bust it up as small as you can, and put one chunk in the trash per week, every week for the next year or two.
-- aem sends...
aemeijers wrote:

(...)
That's what I'm thinking right now. I've got a few tons of clay to excavate, then if I can manage to break this stuff into more manageable chunks, it'd make a dandy base for my pavers, as letterman mentioned.

That does work but it is slow.
Thanks!
--Winston
On Thursday, June 11, 2009 1:15:59 AM UTC-4, Winston wrote:

Depending on your area you can check out http://www.budgetdumpster.com . They have good rates on concrete boxes which might fit your needs well.