Broken bulb

One of my refrigerator light bulbs broke. The threaded part is still in the socket. I read to use a potato to get this out. Do I just jam the potato in the socket? Carve it to make it fit? Any other advice or hints on how to get this darn thing out of there? My midnight raids just aren't the same. Oh, I do know to unplug the fridge before trying to get the part out of the socket.
Thanks
I usually just use pliers. Unplug the refrigerator before you do this.

the
out
I would think a potato is to soft.
I have used small needle nosed pliers and a lot of time. There are commercially available socket removers. That might be the way to go.
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/productdetail.jsp?xi=xi&ItemKey=4HY89

Tried it and it works. Raw potato, not French Fries.
puzzled wrote:

It works. Start by turning the frig off, then just jam it on there, no cutting or pealing needed.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Sometimes just a dry rag stuffed in will be enough to snag on an edge
Charlie

Some potatoes work, but many varieties are too soft. I finally just cut a tapered plug out of pine and it works well.
puzzled wrote:

there.
"Joseph Meehan"wrote in message

It does work! WoooooHhhhooooooo! It came out with just a few turns. Thanks.
Ranco broken bulb remover, seen on late nite tv. Only $39.99 plus 5.95 P and H. call now!
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus