Broken bulb

One of my refrigerator light bulbs broke. The threaded part is still in the socket. I read to use a potato to get this out. Do I just jam the potato in the socket? Carve it to make it fit? Any other advice or hints on how to get this darn thing out of there? My midnight raids just aren't the same. Oh, I do know to unplug the fridge before trying to get the part out of the socket.

Thanks

Reply to
puzzled

I usually just use pliers. Unplug the refrigerator before you do this.

Reply to
scott_z500

I would think a potato is to soft.

I have used small needle nosed pliers and a lot of time. There are commercially available socket removers. That might be the way to go.

SQLit

Tried it and it works. Raw potato, not French Fries.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It works. Start by turning the frig off, then just jam it on there, no cutting or pealing needed.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Sometimes just a dry rag stuffed in will be enough to snag on an edge

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Reply to
William Brown

It does work! WoooooHhhhooooooo! It came out with just a few turns. Thanks.

Reply to
puzzled

Ranco broken bulb remover, seen on late nite tv. Only $39.99 plus 5.95 P and H. call now!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon