Broken bird bath....Concrete adhesive?

Hi all

My wife has a 2 pc bird bath (pedestal base and tray) made from what looks to be cast concrete. The base has a section which has broken off

- approximately 1/3. The break formed a straight line across the base.

I am not aware of any glue, etc which is made for concrete. I think I can drill a hole thru the broken piece and into the pedestal. Then insert a expansion faster, and use a screw/bolt to fasten the broken piece to the base. I've got some masonary sealer (for cracks) that I could apply to the broken section to use as "padding" during the tightening of the fastener.

The got'cha being that if I crack the broken section while drilling or tightening the fastener, its broke for good. Is there any adhesive that I could use for such a repair?

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Jim Laumann

Tile adhesive or liquid nail will work

Reply to
Pg 108

Get JB Weld. Don't get the quick setting, get the regular kind. At any hardware or auto supply place.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

They have it at the hardware store. Never used it so I don't know how good it is. You can also buy polyurethane construction adhesive.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'd be a bit worried about poisoning the birds with the wrong glue.

Reply to
Art

-snip-

I used "landscape block adhesive?" to glue the top row of blocks on my

2-foot retaining wall. It has held for 3 NY winters with people walking all over them, so I'm a believer in that stuff.

I think I've seen an 'exterior grade' construction adhesive, too. Read some labels.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

There is epoxy which is specially formulated for concrete. Available at any masonry supply (not HD or Lowes). The brand that I use to fill voids in concrete to adhere to structural engineering requirements is made by Sika.

Look at these:

They have an epoxy that is a two part epoxy in a single caulk tube which would work well for you. Read the first link and look in the yellow pages for the place in your area that carries what you need.

Reply to
Robert Allison