Broken Battery Slot

I recently got an Acer One netbook AOA-150 (bartered deal from CL) and the only thing wrong is the extensions (prongs) are all broken in the case. The battery slides horizontally on these-back to front to connect. Anyone have any suggestions for a fix (other than ducktape!)

TIA

Reply to
Bob_Villa

I think the latches still work (One is sprung-the other push-lock). Maybe Velcro (peel&stick) on the top (battery/slot) and separate it with paper until it's latched? I haven't gotten the battery to try it...yet!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

Thought I would post this in AHR...because I haven't got a "good fix" suggestion! Thanks!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

Turns out...there's a "boss" that extends from the battery into the compartment that firms-up the mating pretty well! I got the 9 cell (original was 3). I should have gotten a 6 because this one is massive! Oh well!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

Here's a look:

Bob_Villa

Well at least you got it to work and look decent. 9 cell battery should give you a little extra time.

Personally I like the idea of pulling the battery when not needed. It actually does prolong its charge a bit vs. leaving it in all the time. And at the cost of batteries, I'll take every extra second.

Reply to
RnR

Yes...but the whole idea of having a netbook is to use it 99% of the time...on battery!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

I understand what your saying for a second computer (laptop) for internet. The size of the netbook says, ultra-portable (as opposed to portable). I only paid $32 for the 9 cell!

Reply to
Bob_Villa