Broiler flame stops-Western Holly Stove-40 years

I need help to decide what components can cause the broiler flames to turn off after running for 10- to 15 minutes.
    Which components are possibly bad is my question?         Robert Shaw thermostat         Pilot's thermocouple         Big Saftey valve with red pushbutton in back of stove         Something else?
Symptoms ---------- Pilot for Broiler is always on Turn on Broiler and set to 350F Broiler lights and has flames from all holes Broiler runs OK for 10 to 15 minutes at 350F There is a LOUD KLUNK sound from rear of stove. Broiler flames are all gone. Pilot is still lighted and visible..blue flame..yellow tip Turn Broiler knob to OFF Push and release RED knob on safety valve in back of stove. Turn Broiler knob back to 350F Broiler relights and is full of flames again Let Broiler run and it will turn off by itself again.
Why does the large Safety valve in back of stove stop passing gas when pilot is still lighted? Why must I reset the safety valve to restored gas flow? How can I fix this?
ThanksDave_S

Thermocouple is cheapest and easiest. Do some checking at www.repairclinic.com They have a diagnostics setup.

One more question:
    The broiler pilot flame is too small. The broiler thermocouple is apparently cooling off enough to cause the broiler safety valve to stop gas flow to the broiler heating element. Where is the adjustment for the broiler flame size? Is it a screw to adjust or something else?
Thank you, Dave_s