Broiler Element (Calrod) in Old GE Range Doesn't Get Hot Enough

It seems it gets hot, but doesn't glow. It took 3X normal time to do lambchops tonight. I thought they just went, not reduced heat. Do I just need a new one, or could something else be wrong? Thankyou for your help! Frank

Reply to
frank1492

Frank,

Look at the wires connecting the broiler element. Sounds like a bad connection. Be sure the power is off and the stove cool when you do this.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

Reply to
JGolan

Thanks all for your advice. I'll check the connection, then the voltage. Am I right in assuming that these elements are either OK or that the resistance is open, no middle ground? Thanks again. Frank

Reply to
frank1492