Brit selling fresh air to the Chinese

Man sells British fresh air to wealthy Chinese elite for £80 a jar www.independent.co.uk › News › UK › Home News 3 days ago - A businessman is raking in thousands of pounds selling jars of ‘fresh air’ to people in China for £80 each. Leo De Watts, 27, sells air collected in the British countryside and ships it over to polluted cities Shanghai and Beijing, where the wealthy elite pay a hefty sum for ...
On 2/9/2016 12:36 PM, Bod wrote:

I make a gag gift that I periodically send (mail) to friends around the country: "Genuine Arizona Air" fancy label, picture of a saguaro, dead steer skull, etc. The fine print directs them to put the can in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 5 minutes...
On 2/9/2016 8:23 PM, Don Y wrote:

> Lol.
On 2/9/2016 1:27 PM, Bod wrote:

The hope is that it reinforces their perception of it being "way too hot", here -- and NOT visiting!

You must live in Tucson. The only way I want to ever go back to Tucson is during the winter. I thought I was going to die when I was there for a week. Northern Arizona is good, I've been there quite a few times. North of phoenix, in the rainy season, waterfalls were beautiful. Hundreds of people were under the water, getting soaked. It was an unpaved stretch of road about 40 miles long going through canyons.
--
Usenet Reader for Android
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk
dangerous dan wrote:

Phoenix is even worse. Now Chinese are starting daily direct flight from Beijing to Calgary for Chinese tourists to Rockies (Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, etc.)
On 2/9/2016 4:22 PM, dangerous dan wrote:

It depends on which time of the "non-winter" you visit. As Monsoon approaches, things get horrible -- like Summer in Chicago (humid and hot). Monsoon itself is delightful (though incredibly humid) simply because of the spectacular rains. I originally thought it pretty silly how folks would stop what they were doing to stand and watch the rain. ("So what, big deal!") But, now find myself wasting hours doing the same thing!
Summer is fine (110F) -- if you stay out of the Sun. I often challenge folks to close their eyes and outstretch a bare arm: "Tell me where the shadow crosses your arm..." They are often amazed at how pronounced the effect!
To (year round) residents, Fall and Winter are the unfortunate seasons as all the "winter visitors" show up, crowd the streets, drive up prices for staples, exploit services available to "residents" and otherwise contribute very little to the community. It's the "ugly American" sort of experience: everyone looking for what they can *get* (for little or no cost) FROM the community -- "Here I am, entertain me!"
Spring (which will probably be on a Thursday, this year -- last year it was a Monday AND a Tuesday!!), gives us the hope that the "guests" will be leaving, soon.
[We have many such friends whose presence we enjoy. But, would love to have a few tens of thousands LESS!]

Certain parts of the state are much higher in elevation. And, it is amazing how much difference altitude can make to weather! Flagstaff often sees snow (by contrast, we've been "dusted" only two or three times in 20 years).
In town, we have a "neighborhood" (no idea what else to call it... sort of like "rogers park" or "lincoln park" in Chicago -- not a genuine "legal entity") called Winterhaven. At the summit of nearby Mt Lemmon is located Summerhaven. Some folks have homes in each place and spend the thusly named seasons in those places. I think there's about a 30F difference.
[Though get sick in Summerhaven and it'll be an expensive ride to the nearest hospital! Likewise, if you want anything other than "basic staples", you'll be making the hour drive into town!]

People are frequently getting swept away by the "natural water features", here. failing to understand that its "nature" and not "an amusement park ride".
And, of course, Monsoon often claims a few idiots and/or their vehicles! "Yeah, that's a LOT of water! Wanna see how LITTLE it takes to float your vehicle??"

Don Y wrote:

I used to enjoy driving Apache trail near Phoenix.
Bod posted for all of us...

Old news...
--
Tekkie

On 2/10/2016 8:05 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Yup, all of 4 days ago.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/man-sells-british-fresh-air-to-wealthy-chinese-elite-for-80-a-jar-a6857461.htmlrriet Sinclair Saturday 6 February 201615 comments
Bod posted for all of us...

rs

lls

or ...

r-to-wealthy-chinese-elite-for-80-a-jar-a6857461.htmlrriet

More than that. IIRC Fox News had it on about 2 weeks ago. Of course with all the erection BS I may be wrong...
--
Tekkie