Brinkmann/Academy flashlight scam?

Academy Sports and Outdoors is only in certain United States, and might be the only local (non-Internet) outlet for this flashlight.

Brinkmann MaxFire Dual Xenon rechargeable flashlight

Academy sells it for $27 USD. Online you can buy it for about $40, assuming it is really in stock online.

That is a light weight, very bright flashlight/spotlight. It looks great if you need a light weight rechargeable, extremely bright flashlight.

Oddly enough, apparently Brinkmann is selling that flashlight without making the replacement xenon bulbs. Seems they're just trying to dump the stock.

I have e-mailed Brinkmann Corporation four times over the course of one week. The only (apparently robotic) reply has been a link to their web site. There is no mention of that flashlight on Brinkmann's web site, let alone replacement bulbs for it. I have e-mailed Academy Sports and Outdoors also. Also no reply.

I would very much appreciate anyone finding replacement bulbs or getting a reply from the Brinkmann Corporation that tells where to find them.

I really like the Brinkmann MaxFire Dual Xenon rechargeable spotlight, I very much want to keep it, but of course I will have to return it if there are no replacement bulbs available.

So far, the best suggestion has been to use some equivalent light bulb. But, the bulbs are LED style with specific gauge leads and have to fit correctly in the reflector or the light isn't going to shine properly. It's not like an ordinary flashlight bulb.

Reply to
John Doe

why don't you try calling them at the phone number shown at the top of the page the link you posted above goes to?

Reply to
effi

p.s. led light effects night vision less than "white light"

Reply to
effi

strike "above", insert "below"

(snip to link)

(snip rest of text)

enjoy!

Reply to
effi

Because there isn't much difference when it's off.

newssvr30.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm05.news.prodigy.com!newscon03.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01a.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newscon02.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!news.glorb.com!sn-xit-04!sn-xit-08!sn-post-02!sn-post-01!supernews.com!corp.supernews.com!not-for-mail

Reply to
John Doe

"white light" flashlights are obsolete

effi

And the cow jumped over the moon.

newssvr11.news.prodigy.com!newscon03.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01a.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news.glorb.com!sn-xit-04!sn-xit-06!sn-post-01!supernews.com!corp.supernews.com!not-for-mail

Reply to
John Doe

moo

plus, with a led flashlight, one never has to worry about getting replacement bulbs (moo moo)

as to "white light" flashlights,

1 a : no longer in use or no longer useful b : of a kind or style no longer current : OLD-FASHIONED

"The 10 Led Flashlight has a solid-state Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) that do not burn out. Typical lifetime is over 11 years. The 10 LED design allow the batteries to last 30 days constant On positon. The 10 Led Flashlight is also Waterproof- not just water resistant (to 2 feet - not for scuba diving). The shockproof design allows it to withstand drops from up to 10 feet. Lifetime warranty including Led lights. (See Limited Lifetime Warranty on packing)."

Academy stores carry this 2 d cell led flashlight for about $20

can be switched from using 4 to only 2 of its leds, decresing power consumption even more than its already miserly usage of batteries, and even includes 2 d cell batteries when purchased

this site evaluates led flashlights and even has more epxensive led flashlights for those who have the bucks

this moo's for you

Reply to
effi

If they don't burn out, then why do they only last 11 years?

Reply to
Matt

Brinkmann (1-800-527-0717) sells replacement bulbs for the Maxfire Dual Xenon flashlight directly for $10 USD each (with or without shipping). The part number is 802-2200-0. Definitely my kind of flashlight, depending on how long the bulbs last.

Take care.

Reply to
John Doe

Cause the carcenogens have leaked completely out..........It's kinda like the magic smoke from electronics.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®