bringing wires out of junction box to the other side of wall?

I have a junction box on the outside of a drywall, and I want to bring some wires to the inside of the wall and route it elsewhere.
If I punch out the bottom hole in the junction box and and also drill a hole in the drywall, I can bring the wires through to the inside. But I was told this is not to code because the wires can scrape on the edge of the hole at the bottom of the junction box.
What is the correct thing to add to make this code compliant?

in buffalo ny: the correct thing to do is hire a licensed electrician, get a city permit, and let him do it correctly in your building's location. depending on the wire type and residential/commercial application it may be permitted in your town to do the work yourself. an electrician will use its appropriate end, such as romex non metallic cable end or bx metallic cable end with a red plastic anti-short bushing. but the capacity of the box in terms of number of wires permitted/minimum size may be exceeded with your idea. if so an expansion of the size of the box by a box extender or box replacement may be required as well. sometimes boxes have built-in clamps for the wire. the destination and its load and distance and wire type requirements of your project would vary by the who/what/where/when/why/how details. first see general faq at: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/electrical-wiring/part1 /
John wrote:

You don't bring "wires" into a box unless they are in some type of conduit. You bring cables into a box through the appropriate type of connector for the type cable used. If you want to enter the box with a nm type cable (Romex) you use a Romex connector

ask this question you shouldn't be thinking about doing your own wiring.
John wrote:

FWIW, they do make plastic "snap in" cable connectors for NM cable which can be inserted from the inside if a metal junction box. They are code compliant where I live, YMMV.
http://www.doityourself.com/icat/snapin
or, another manufacturer's style at:
http://tinyurl.com/okazy
As others have indicated, I hope you know what you're about John, if you do, it should be an easy job to do what you want to do.
If you don,t, then.....
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Thanks. I can handle the electricity. It's code compliance that gets me.