Briggs starter question

I must have worked on this before...but I can't recall!? Can you remove the special keeper on the end of shaft or do you destroy it an use a new one? (It is a bastard to get off) This is the newer style-not with the C-clip
bob

I am not sure which type you have, does yours have the drift pin? It can be removed, but be careful not to break any plastic.
Anything can be taken apart if done correctly and carefully.
Hank

So, I made the mistake of not taking the roll-pin out 1st...then you don't have to mess with the spring retainer. That's what happens when you haven't done it in a dozen years...shit!

LOL..been there done that. I don't think a whole new bendix assembly is very expensive. May 20-25 buck.
Hank

Yah, just the gear was $3.25.