briggs and stratton motor question

I have a regular Briggs and Stratton push mower that is about seven years old. It's been a great mower but this year I had to push the choke bulb around eight times to get it started (normally I would push it three times). Once started it ran fine.
However, when I ran out of gas I has to use my trimmer gas which is 50:1 gas/oil mix. The mixed gas also had a gas stabilizer in it. Surprisingly, my motor now seems to fire up after just three pushes of the choke bulb.
Anyone know if it was the oil or the stabilizer that improved my mower's starting ability? Or a combination of both?
Thanks in advance.
--
Scall5

Doubt the oil helped. Was the stabilized gas newer than the other gas? Maybe it has some detergent action too.

That's what I am thinking, the stabilizer must have cleaned it somehow. The oil/gas mix was actually a year old. I made sure to only use that mix of gas with a half tank of regular gas so the ratio was probably closer to 100:1. Not ideal, but I was in a pinch.
Thanks for all the replies!
--
Scall5

Try clicking your heals 3x.
I hope that somewhere along the time line you checked that the crankcase oil level was up to snuff.
I am sure then that you also knew the acronym "ford", "Fix Or Replace Daily". <g>.

Thought it was Found On the Road Dead.
On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 14:14:10 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

Four Old Rusty Doors

Into the pits.