brick work + more

Page 3 of 3

Ten feet by twelve??? Are you a troll? If it's really that small, better/cheaper to demolish and start again.
harry wrote:

I've seen houses that small, maybe even a bit less. There are many in Pacific Grove, California. I suspect they originally housed workers.
I've also seen a whole bunch of two story houses in Skokie, Illinois that were 20' X 20'. Much bigger than the above but still small.
The plantation houses in Hawaii that housed cane field workers were all very small too, don't racall the precise size.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

We have a smaller one but it is not deemed fit for habitation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallest_House_in_Great_Britain
Except for illegles lliving in sheds in some places.
<< my home is old and i want to do renovation. i need to change the fake brick in the front and the siding with a real brick. . . . i am looking for a contractor who can . . . changing all windows . . . i live in Toronto/Canada the west end of the city.

Be warned that some of these tasks (rebuilding with solid brick) require a building permit although others (new windows) do not. Consult the municipal building permits office.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Where "just west of Toronto"? If he's in the "green belt" he can not knock it down and rebuild - he HAS to renovate. Can't get a permit to build new or rebuild. Sounds like he's along the Hwy 6 corridor - I know several homes of that rough description in that area. If, however he is "in Toronto" "west end of the city" that covers a lot of territory. Is he "in toronto" or in Brampton, Mississauga, Etobicoke,Oakville, Erin Mills, Vaughan,Woodbridge, or any of a host of other smaller "entities" inside the GTA (Greater Toronto Area)
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

You know of several *homes* that are 10 x 12 feet in size?
120 sq. feet?
My main bathroom is at least that size.