brick porch

I'm having a new, all brick porch built in December. I live in Pa, where the temperature at that time varies, but is usually from 40 degrees and colder. Is it too cold to apply mortar at those temps? If so, can a cement porch be built, with the brick added later when the weather warms up? Thanks for any advice. Sis

Reply to
Sis

If it were me I would wait for warmer weather. If the contractor knows what he is doing it isn't a problem but that is a big if.

Reply to
Art

The porch is part of an addition that is being done in December. I know I should wait, but was wondering if it would be ok to do. Also if the bricks can be added later. Thanks. Sis

Reply to
Sis

Check

Art