Brick - Cutting

I need to cut about a dozen brick into thirds and quarters. I've not had any success just scoring and breaking with a hammer and chisel. Never once got a clean break. Keep trying???

rent a wet saw for a couple of hours. take them to home depot and pay .25/cut for them to do it.
JimL wrote:

Rent a saw with a masonry blade.
You may try getting a masonry blade for your circular saw and scoring with it.
borgunit wrote:

Why score? Just cut the suckers. Lots of dust though :)
--
dadiOH
____________________________

Only if you got a few thousand, and are willing to cut them all to get enough pieces the right size.
Rent a wet saw or ask around. Accurate cuts. No dust. The RIGHT way to do it. And the easy way.
Batta bing batta boom done.
Dry cutting will have you coughing up dust for a month. Don't do it. Oldtime miners died from the same thing. Very dangerous. Holding small pieces of brick in your hand whilst cutting with a power blade is an application for a Darwin Award in the making. And it is very hard to anchor them down so they cut straight and don't take off like a slap shot.
Wet saws are a joy after you have used one on a project. Not really expensive, either, and available used for a song sometimes. Maybe a friend has one.
Do it once. Do it right.
Steve
Wet saw is the "right" way, no mess & good result.
Or get a dry diamond blade for your Skil saw. Set up your shop vac (with HEPA element) to control the dust.
I cut about a dozen red bricks to length this way to finish of a small brick walkway.
BTW a clamped them in the top of my Work-Mate.
DO NOT ATTEMPT to hold in your hand
cheers Bob

I'll start looking for a blade.
Batta bing batta boom.