brick, concrete, door, drain

I had posted earlier about the crumbled concrete around my bulkhead doors, and it was recommended that i post photos.
So I took some photos of my various questions/problems regarding concrete and masonry in my backyard.
Sorry, i've been busy, so the photos were taken in the evening, hope they're good enough. The flash tends to make the concrete detail hard to see on the web.
Anyway, you can take a look at
http://bgold.home.acedsl.com /
its a very quick and dirty web-page
-Ben
Looks like the cement coating (parge coat or parging) was carried over the frame in which the cellar door sits. Not that the crack runs parallel and within an inch or two of the door edge. Note also the lever is based in that same area.
I suggest removing the parging; cleaning and painting the frame; sealing the joint between masonry and frame with a bead of sealant.
The window sill looks to be a handsome stone. If it were mine, I'd seal the joints between the stone and window and between the stone and abutting walls with a bead of sealant.
The drain I leave to others.
TB

and just leaving it brick? or covering the brick? Parging being the concrete?

But what can I clean the paint off with that won't stain the stone... or whatever it is, what do you think it is if not some stone?
Totally new homeowner here, just for the record.
The brick probably has to be covered in concrete to be reasonably water tight. If the parging below the crack is sound, I'd leave it be. Trim along the line of the crack for a smooth finish.
I think I would leave the paint and let it weather. That's not beautiful, but I worry about chemical reaction with the stone.
TB

so what kind of concrete should I cover the brick with? Is there a specific parging concrete? I'm totally new to this, and I can't find much reference to concrete for parging online.