Brick Cleaning

Does anyone know how to clean brick..on the bottom 2 rows of brick (tan) the brick is getting darker, with a greenish & blackish color & also we have vinyl shutters (red)on the house and the color from the vinyl is bleeding & turning the bricks red ,,what is causing the shutters to fade like that & how can I get the red off the bricks...Thanks,,John
Add pictures here
✖
<< what is causing the shutters to fade like that & how can I get the red off the bricks >>
The shutters were made from a poorly compounded PVC. Durable red colors are difficult to make due to pigment instabilty in sunlight. Thats why your owners manual urges you to keep your Ferrari covered when you spend a day at the beach. The red stain will probably require some aggresive treatment to remove, and given this problem I'd first try a small rental blaster outfit with some mild abrasive, plastic bits, walnut shells, or some such. Good luck.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖
says...

http://www.sprayandforget.com /
Easy Brick Cleaner http://www.eco-wares.com/Easy_Brick_Cleaner_Brochure.htm
BRICK CLEANER RECIPE Recipe Goldmine Household Recipes
BRICK CLEANER
1 part vinegar 1 part ammonia 1 part borax http://www.recipegoldmine.com/house/house37.html
All the above and more found at: http://www.altavista.com/web/res_text?amb=txt&kls=0&kgs=0&q=%22brick+clea ner%22&avkwªpt
--
When Replying Remove "thepin" From Return Address

Add pictures here
✖
Texan Wrote:

Cleaner Today offers both Roof QSE (Sodium Hydroxide based fast an furious cleaner) and Roof OX (Sodium Percarbonate based non-toxi cleaner).
Both formulas include a proprietary blend of surfactants, and othe detergents that can be used on roofs as well as bricks, wood fences an vinyl siding.
At Cleaner Today the belief is that cleaner neighborhoods improv property values which makes everyone a winner.
Check out pricing http://www.cleanertoday.co
-- CleanerToday
Add pictures here
✖
Dont bother with "Cleanertoday" its an overpriced rip off. What you have is mold, is common in shade, simple laundry bleach in a garden sprayer will kill it. A mild power wash or hand scrubbing can do a bit more
Add pictures here
✖
Have you tried a power washer? I got an electric one as a birthday gift. It's a lot of fun and I haven't destroyed anything yet.
Add pictures here
✖
shawn wrote:

You're probably right about the 1 1/2" drain size. Washer drains are 2", but you *might* get away with it. Remove the existing 1 1/4" P-Trap and stub out a 1 1/2" PVC trap from the San TEE in the wall. From the trap inlet side run a 1 1/2" PVC standpipe about 36" off floor. If the washer hose is too big to fit, put a 2" X 1 1/2" coupling on.
If you have room for a utility tub, drain the washer into that.
Jim
Add pictures here
✖