Brick Cleaning

Does anyone know how to clean brick..on the bottom 2 rows of brick (tan) the brick is getting darker, with a greenish & blackish color & also we have vinyl shutters (red)on the house and the color from the vinyl is bleeding & turning the bricks red ,,what is causing the shutters to fade like that & how can I get the red off the bricks...Thanks,,John

Reply to
John Stockalis

The shutters were made from a poorly compounded PVC. Durable red colors are difficult to make due to pigment instabilty in sunlight. Thats why your owners manual urges you to keep your Ferrari covered when you spend a day at the beach. The red stain will probably require some aggresive treatment to remove, and given this problem I'd first try a small rental blaster outfit with some mild abrasive, plastic bits, walnut shells, or some such. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Spray and Forget Brick Cleaner

Easy Brick Cleaner
BRICK CLEANER RECIPE Recipe Goldmine Household Recipes

BRICK CLEANER

1 part vinegar 1 part ammonia 1 part borax
All the above and more found at:
Texan

Cleaner Today offers both Roof QSE (Sodium Hydroxide based fast an furious cleaner) and Roof OX (Sodium Percarbonate based non-toxi cleaner).

Both formulas include a proprietary blend of surfactants, and othe detergents that can be used on roofs as well as bricks, wood fences an vinyl siding.

At Cleaner Today the belief is that cleaner neighborhoods improv property values which makes everyone a winner.

Check out pricing

-- CleanerToday

Reply to
CleanerToday

Dont bother with "Cleanertoday" its an overpriced rip off. What you have is mold, is common in shade, simple laundry bleach in a garden sprayer will kill it. A mild power wash or hand scrubbing can do a bit more

Reply to
m Ransley

Have you tried a power washer? I got an electric one as a birthday gift. It's a lot of fun and I haven't destroyed anything yet.

Reply to
hatch6565

You're probably right about the 1 1/2" drain size. Washer drains are 2", but you *might* get away with it. Remove the existing 1 1/4" P-Trap and stub out a

1 1/2" PVC trap from the San TEE in the wall. From the trap inlet side run a 1 1/2" PVC standpipe about 36" off floor. If the washer hose is too big to fit, put a 2" X 1 1/2" coupling on.

If you have room for a utility tub, drain the washer into that.

Jim

Reply to
JD