Breakers compatible with Federal Pacific Stab-Lok Load Center

Page 2 of 6
On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 14:45:17 -0600, "Irreverent Maximus"

Why? It allows you to use both 15A and 20A appliances.

Because it allows both sorts of appliances to be plugged in? Note that it would be against code to install this outlet on a 15A circuit.

You haven't looked hard enough. They aren't all that common because most appliances draw less than 15A, so 15A cords are plenty. However, they do exist. Many air conditioners have 20A plugs. The plugs are also available at the usual places.

LOL!
Duh... (face palm)
replying to krw , Let's get it right! wrote:

A NEMA 5-15 plug and cord set applied to a 20-ampere branch circuit could be exposed to approximately 78% more real power than it's Listed rating. The conductors are essentially resistors ... and in a resistive circuit, power increases as the square of current. Subsequently (20 amperes)^2 is much greater than (15-amperes)^2. As a result, the power cord will overheat and possibly burn up. It's really quite easy to conduct this experiment with an extension cord ... but have a fire extinguisher present ... because loading up a "Listed" extension cord beyond it's listing or labeling requirements will most probably result in a fire/electrical hazard ... and since it's listing efforts (Testing for Public Safety) did not include exposing the extension cord to possible overloading (up to 20-amperes).
On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 20:45:08 +0000, Let's get it right!

Wrong. What is the rating of 18ga wire? ...or are you saying that there are no appliances with 18ga wire? I suppose it's illegal to plug a lamp into a NEMA 5-15 outlet on a 20A circuit? You'd probably shit if you caught me plugging a lamp into a NEMA 5-20 outlet! <sheesh>

Completely irrelevant. The circuit breaker is *NOT* there to protect your cord, or appliance. Good grief! LEARN SOMETHING!
replying to krw , Let's get it right! wrote:

Now there's a response that clarifies absolutely NOTHING! KRW ... Review Articles 100, 200, 300, and 400 of the latest NEC for clarification of the purpose of circuit protection. I also encourage you to contact U.L. for clarification of requirements of Listed and Labelled equipment.
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 18:45:08 +0000, Let's get it right!

Now there's a response I completely expected; zero intelligence.

You're an idiot, plain and simple (with an emphasis on "simple").
replying to krw , Let's get it right! wrote:

It appears you have a denial problem ... and either refuse to debate the issue ... or just can't. When you grow up, I'll explain it again to you ... but with crayons!
Power: there is real, total, and imaginary power. Goggle it for yourself and perhaps you'll be enlightened.
May the force be with you.
On Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:44:01 PM UTC-5, Let's get it right! wrote:

Speaking of explaining things, why haven't you explained why the same alleged safety problem related to breaker sizing with 20 amp circuits doesn't exist when we all plug floor lamps, radios, clocks, etc that draw an amp into 15 amp receptacles.
On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 19:44:01 +0000, Let's get it right!

It appears that you're just stupid.
... and either refuse to debate the

You can't even read, so it's difficult to debate.

When mommy changes your diapers, little boy, perhaps she can teach you to read.

I am an EE. I know a little more about this stuff than you pretend to, little boy. The fact that you even bring this up shows that you're flailing, trying to get *SOMETHING* to hang onto. What a doof.

You are the farce.

just like a fundie...blame everyone else for their failures. your inability to debate is demonstrated on almost all of your posts, unless in your feeble mind calling someone a PLCCF or Liberal or Lefty qualifies as debate

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 14:36:15 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Another lefty who believes that his lies trump facts. OTOH, if you couldn't lie, you would be mute.

krwless goes to the hospital with her mother to visit her Grandpa. When they get to the hospital, she runs ahead of her mother and bursts into her Grandpa's room. "Grandpa, Grandpa," she says excitedly, "as soon as my mom comes into the room, make a noise like a frog!" "What?" said her Grandpa. "Make a noise like a frog because mom said as soon as you croak, we're all going to Disney World!"
On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 11:45:39 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

The idiot liar takes a month to come up with some lame lie that no one will ever read. Malformed is such a dumbass. But that goes without saying because he is a lefty snot-nosed kid living under mommy's skirts.

I do accept your excellence in your ability to lie daily
Malformed is such a dumbass. But that goes without

thank you for admitting that you are a no one
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 11:44:14 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

It really is amazing that you so pathological that you are compelled to make such obvious lies.

I've never claimed to be anyone special, Malformed. I leave that up to you idiot lefties. *YOU* are the ones who think they know what's good for everyone else. *YOU* are "special" (as in education).
replying to Malcom , Let's get it right! wrote:

The difference between my debate and yours is that presented the facts. Tells me you're in denial! Grow UP!
Let's get it right!

oh, more sarcasm
On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 11:23:45 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Can't be, Malformed. You're too damned stupid to understand sarcasm.

MAY THE FARCE BE WITH YOU!!! ^_^
TDD
replying to The Daring Dufas , Let's get it right! wrote:

Your ignorance amazes me! Finish HS?