Breaker tripping

Remember that thread where I was reporting trouble with a breaker tripping when MW and gas oven were both on? Got lots of kind, helpful replies. Concensus was: replace the breaker, which I am going to do.

Just an update why that might have been happening; get your expert reactions:

It occurs to me that the gas oven's electronic ignition turns the flame on & off to keep constant temp. So maybe when the electronic ignition kicked in,*** would that have been sufficient to blow the circuit?***

TIA

Reply to
Higgs Boson

electronic ignition uses a very small fraction of power (microamps). the one in my bbq uses a 9v battery to spark.

unless you were on the very edge, no.

Reply to
chaniarts

Not unless it was shorted out

Reply to
RBM

Mine uses my thumb.

Reply to
clare

You are right about the ignition but what about the oven? Is it convection gas? Does it have fans inside? What's the draw from those?

Reply to
The Henchman

No convection. Plain vanilla oven.

Reply to
Higgs Boson

I think it's YOU who is TRIPPING. Get OFF the DRUGS.....

You're under arrest !!!!

Reply to
narc

Err...it really should be "...it is you who ARE tripping."

Too late. I already turned you in to the Grammar Police.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson, also known as the "God particle". Shouldn't YOU know this already...are you just testing us? (even if you're only a particle!)

Reply to
Bob Villa