Breaker panel with main fuses?

Does anyone make a 100A, 125A, 150A, or 200A service panel that uses breakers for the circuits but has fusible pull-outs for the mains? I've been looking at Square-D's catalog, but I don't see anything like that.
I don't need one; I'm just curious. It would be great for being absolutely certain that you were not still connected to the grid if you needed to backfeed with a generator during an extended power outage. You wouldn't need a transfer switch; pulling out the main fuses would be a positive mechanical disconnect.
Bob

But not foolproof, is it.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
HaHaHa wrote:

Nothing is foolproof. Fools can be very resourceful. What's your point?
Best regards, Bob

That a transfer panel needs to be foolproof, because lives depend on it.
Reasonably priced transfer panels exist, they use a mechanical interlock, that makes the transfer foolproof, in that you can not forget to disconnect the mains.
Yes, better fools are being invented all the time, thus the usage of a method that makes it impossible to screw up.
Also not legal. Pop

You could always do that in a separate box. The problem with using that to isolate yourself from the grid INSTEAD of a transfer switch is that it's still possible for a bone-head to forget that step, and fire up the generator with the main still in. The point of a transfer switch is that, barring a strange mechanical failure, it's not possible to connect the generator to the grid, it's either/or.
Which is more likely to get it wrong, the person running the system, or the transfer switch?
zxcvbob posted for all of us....

from the git go? Why futz around with it? WHY WHY WHY???
--
Tekkie

Tekkie wrote:

Cuz then we wouldn't have anything to talk about...
Best regards, Bob

A positive mechanical disconnect, but not a foolproof _transfer_ mechanism.
The code insists on it being impossible to reverse energize the grid from the generator and vice-versa.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est