Breaker box inside panel

I have a customer that needs the inside panel that fits over the breakers.
The breaker box is old, Federal Pacific Electric Catalog # RH 318-36.
I looked around but could not find it.
Any more ideas ?
Thanks.

a quick search via duckduckgo.com
http://www.baybreakers.com/catalog/Federal-Pacific-FPE.html
On Monday, May 19, 2014 5:27:50 PM UTC-5, NotMe wrote:

Thanks.
Based on the material below, it looks like the customer will have to replac e the breaker box.
He found out this week that his AC unit are non-repairable.
"The Federal Pacific Electric Company (FPE) brand name is fairly complex du e to the history of product line acquisition and naming rights ownership ch anges. The original FPE company that began manufacturing electrical panels, circuit breakers, and other electrical parts decades ago is no longer arou nd (to our knowledge)."
Andy wrote:

Know anyone that's into metalworking ?
--
Snag

I would think duct tape and a matching spray paint job.
On Monday, May 19, 2014 5:49:20 PM UTC-5, Pico Rico wrote:

Don't think city inspectors would approve that.
On 5/19/2014 6:15 PM, Andy wrote:

it is a major fire hazzard and should be replaced. Tomorrow, early AM.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

oh, you want it to pass code! You didn't mention that. :)
On Mon, 19 May 2014 19:47:04 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Nothing wrong with FPE panel if it has the good breakers in it. There was a period of time when the breakers were iffy. Earlier and later breakers were as good as Square D or other competitors.
On Mon, 19 May 2014 15:15:04 -0700 (PDT), Andy

If you are just talking about the dead front cover, you might find one at a place that salvages old equipment. Personally I think I would look for a Cutler Hammer replacement panel board that fits in the existing can and it will come with the cover. Those FPE breakers come with less than a stellar reputation. Some insurance companies and virtually all home inspectors hate them.
On Monday, May 19, 2014 7:50:59 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I think it is the Stab Lock breakers that were unreliable.
Andy
On Monday, May 19, 2014 9:00:00 PM UTC-5, Andy wrote:

I will have a private talk with the owner.
Something along the lines of....
Most people want to be frugal, but do you want to risk your store burning down ??
Andy
On 5/19/2014 10:05 PM, Andy wrote:

As I remember, the FPE breakers had a manufacturing fault, after one trip, the breaker would simply NOT trip, regardless of the amperage. It's the breaker equivilant of penny behind the fuse.
I'd sure want that panel replaced. Soon.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Something like this might help you out
<http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServices/Electrical/ProductsandServices/ElectricalDistribution/Panelboards/Retrofit/index.htm#tabs-1
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Why replace the whole panel when it's faulty breakers ? Replace the breakers , yes if they're the type that's faulty , but not the whole panel . If there's damage to the bus bars or something , that's another matter , but I see no need to replace something that ain't broke .
--
Snag

On 5/20/2014 11:07 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

The question, if same size breakers can be found?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 8:14:26 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

home depot price for FPE 15 amp breaker just one, 30 bucks I checked about 2 years ago for a buddy who was thinking about buying a home. so 20 breakers at 30 bucks each costs a fortune and still leaves you a FPE panel.
I checked out his perspective home and said replace the panel. then he got a home inspector who reported get a new panel since homeowners insurance will not write a new policy with a FPE panel.
he passed on the home purchase..... for lots of reasons