break away 120 vac electrical plug

Page 2 of 2

...snip....
To be honest, I can't recall the last time I responded to a written letter with a written letter, so I'll have to pass on that one.
On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 02:54:51 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

I agree it's pretty rare for personal but it's still done a lot in business and the new stuff always goes on TOP.

Ok, you win.
An open request to the usenet community: Since a paper based communication system uses a "staple the new stuff on top of the old" methodology, usenet should now follow the same protocol. Please start top posting.
Ashton: I feel that it is my responsibility to sometimes allow others to take the lead in order to help them build their assertiveness skills. I will continue to bottom post and let others begin the groundswell of top posting that is sure to follow. Once the movement has taken hold, I will happily join in, knowing that the masses took the responsibility to change that which was so wrong.

Now I'm really confused!
After all you've said about snipping and top posting, why did you post two very short responses - without snipping anything - in the "fence issue with neighbor" thread?
One response is a single line at the bottom, with nothing snipped from the previous 2 posts. Isn't that the very issue you've been basing your argument against bottom posting on?
I quote: "Well only 1 person in 100 TRIMS anything so what we wind up with is these HUGE redundant piles of words that you have to PAGE PAGE PAGE PAGE PAGE your way thru only to find out that "That happened to me once except it was with a fish instead of an Edsel". "
On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 10:33:27 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

Because I'm a product of my environment. Also note that there is no consistency as to whether I top post of bottom post. It's a mad mad world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

On 8/11/2013 4:10 AM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Geez! It's been 30 years since Tears For Fears made the original video. Where has the time gone? O_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFsHSHE-iJQ

TDD
On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 10:42:19 -0500, The Daring Dufas

They are still so young and I've gotten 30 years older!!
On 8/11/2013 4:03 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

I was out of college when I saw ELP in concert back in 1973, I think, or was it 1974? o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pxlBbJ2prQ

TDD
Ashton Crusher explained on 7/08/2013 :

I suppose you like driving on the wrong side of the road too. Bottom Posting has always been the Usenet Way. :-@
--
John G

Not exactly. It was a recommendation that INCLUDED TRIMMING all the redundant crap. The recommendation was created back in the stone age when people were using 300 baud modems and the only thing being transmitted was monochrome text. If what was being done today, the quoting of the same stuff 5 and 10 times with 600 lines of material, NO ONE would read a bottom posted message because it would take 10 minutes to get to the bottom. Clearly the totality of the original recommendation ONLY worked when people TRIM the Quoted material. Well only 1 person in 100 TRIMS anything so what we wind up with is these HUGE redundant piles of words that you have to PAGE PAGE PAGE PAGE PAGE your way thru only to find out that "That happened to me once except it was with a fish instead of an Edsel". If that comment had been made at the TOP a heck of a lot of EVERYONE's time could have been saved.
I would also add that I've been using USENET since those 300 baud days and frankly, whether someone top posts or bottom posts it's really not that hard to follow a thread either way. People who make a big issue about STOP TOP POSTING are just whiners who think the world revolves around them.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Says the guy that top posts.
Maybe the poster refuses to post in usenet?
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

It is interesting that all except Stormin Normin are very rare or never posters of anything. :-?
--
John G

True.
And we still don't know what a breakaway plug is from the OP's pov.

Well, I found one for DC but I didn't look for AC.
On 8/7/13 7:19 PM, micky wrote:

Would it possibly be something for an RV or camper?
On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 22:44:02 +0000, calvin

I too want you to know that you're in Usenet, which is easier to read with a free news reader.
As you your question, I've never heard of breakaway capability for a plug. Can you give more details. How you will be using it. Why you think you need something special.
I have an extension cord that I use for the electric lawnmower, and the weed wacker, and occasionally a drill or electric chain saw,, that I used to fold up and store inside, But for the last 20 years or so, I just leave it outside, on the grass. I do make a point to pick it up a foot from the end, until most of any water has drained off of it, because it lies right in the middle of the grass, and it is on a ground fault circut breaker, but that has only tripped once in 30 years. I"m pretty sure I've left the cord t here all winter several years too and it alwasys snows at least a little during the winter, sometimes serveral inches at a time.
Actually for the last few years I've also had a 6 or 8 foot indoor extension cord plugged in outside too. The receptacle its plugged into is under an overhang and may not get wet, but the other end lies on the dirt away from the house, and it gets rained on. It's never tripped the GFCI either. which it would if any current, as little as 6ma., from the hot connector were going to ground and not going to neutral. .
I'm not going so far as to recommend you live like me, but I do want to know what about your situation makes you need somthing special, and what you mean by breakaway.
On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 9:00:09 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

He may be thinking of something similar to the type of connector used on the small, home-type fryers. They have a special female plug on the end of the power cord that connects to the unit. It fits very loose and if you just pull lightly on the cord, it disconnects. It's designed to keep you from tripping on the cord and having the hot oil dump on you. Why he would need that for outside, who knows...