break away 120 vac electrical plug

Page 1 of 2
What should I buy for an outdoor 120 VAC electical connection that requires breakaway capability? The connector will be exposed to rain and even occasional snow. Hopefully there is a solution that isn't too expensive.
On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 22:44:02 +0000, calvin

An ordinary plug?
You do realize this is Usenet, not a web forum?
On 8/6/2013 6:44 PM, calvin wrote:

I suspect that poster has no idea where he's posting. I looked at that http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/ site and I see it has stuff on it that looks like it DID originate on Usenet. What I suspect is going on is whoever set that up basically pulls almost everything on the site OFF of Usenet groups and reposts it there to make his site look active so the errant potential user who finds it thinks it's a going site. Just another way to steal content from elsewhere to try and attract eyes and make money from advertisers. And not only that, trying to use it is even worse than the normal horrible experience of most web-based-forums.
On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 19:59:50 -0400, Stormin Mormon

What a shame, that people can't enjoy the rich, fulfilling experience of usenet.
On 8/6/2013 8:23 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Stormin Mormon submitted this idea :

Maybe they could if YOU would stop TOP posting :-?
--
John G

I like top posting. I wish everyone did it. Makes reading a thread much easier.

How does it make reading a thread easier?
Take this response as an example. When you opened this post you were able to read what you posted and then continued reading and read my response. When you bottom-post your reply to my response, anyone coming along later will be able to read the comments in order, just like reading any other printed page.
When you top post the reader has to go looking for context by scrolling downward to find the comment that you are responding to, then scrolling back upwards in order understand your response.
Do you text? Do the new texts end up above the old ones? Do you ever use on-line chat? Do the new chat responses end up above the old ones? Ever watch a TV court stenographer read back testimony? Does she start at the bottom of her notes and move upwards for each response?
The answer is "No" in all cases because it's harder to follow a written conversation in reverse order. The normal flow of reading a printed page is to start at the top and read downwards with the new information following the old, giving the reader the ability to understand the context of the new by being familiar with the old.
Per DerbyDad03:

+ 1 - with the qualification that my main reason for preferring top posting is that so many people tend to quote an entire post and put a one-line reply down below.
If people were more selective with what they quoted, I'd say bottom posting rules. But they aren't and they are not going to change - so I prefer to read top-posted messages.
--
Pete Cresswell

Same with me. Many will have about a page of quote and only one new line at the bottom. Probably the beter way of doing it is for the first response to be bottom posted and the next ones top posted.

Please don't attribute the "I like top posting" to me.
Pete did a lousy job of snipping and made it look as if I made that statement. In the post that Pete screwed up I responded to the "I like top posting" statement with an explanation as to why top posting sucks.
Per DerbyDad03:

Mea Culpa.
My apologies.
And it drives me up the wall when people do that to me.
--
Pete Cresswell

So when you post, snip all that extra text .
I hate trying to read top posting. The posters need to repeat all the relevant facts from all the previous posters and they never do, so often I just skip their posts.

Please don't attribute the "I like top posting" to me.
Pete did a lousy job of snipping and made it look as if I made that statement. In the post that Pete screwed up I responded to the "I like top posting" statement with a explanation as to why top posting sucks.
On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 00:33:50 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

Since there were 2 more > signs between the line two lines up and the next line, and since no one here has been using a prefix of >>, I didn't atribute that line to you.

I didn't think his snipping job was that bad or that it made it look like you had made a statement you didn't. It was worth pointing out once that you didn't, but IMO not more than once or twice.

Hey, if you are going to pontificate on people being selective with what they quoted, how about you follow your own advice?
You snipped just about everything from the previous post and attributed what Ashton said to me.
Now it looks like I am the one that likes top posting when, in fact, the exact opposite is true. Your snipping/quoting error is now out on usenet forever.
Nice move.
On 8/7/2013 11:33 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I got tired of scrolling down to read a reply so I don't do it. If people are too stupid to trim a post, I have no interest in what they have to say.

You are right, IF people followed ALL the recommendation for "how to post". But they only want to follow the "post at the bottom part" as if it had some force of law, while quoting the 600 lines of stuff that's repeating over 8 times.
You'll notice I posted this at the bottom because it's all SHORT.
Almost everyone reading the thread has been reading it from the beginning. So if you top post, BAM, the new stuff is there, right on top. If you're one of the few people who haven't been following it you can just page your way to the bottom and read you way back up. Why should the vast majority of the readers, who have been reading the thing since it started, have to page page page theit way to the bottom of 600 lines of old stuff to find the 3 new lines that were added. Just add the three new lines at the top and be done with it.
On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 14:41:40 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

When you reply to someone's written letter do you staple the letter they sent you to the TOP of your reply so that your REPLY is at the bottom of the stack? Or do you put your reply ON TOP with perhaps a copy of their letter to you behind it as reference?
On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 14:41:40 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03