Braun coffee grinder

Is there a place where one can post questions on small appliance repairs? My Braun coffee grinder has become very slow in feeding beans through. I expect it's due to oily beans. I had an earlier model (straight sided hopper) that I could just unscrew and clean it out, but this newer one with taper hopper resists all attempts to take apart. I'm looking for some clues on how to take it apart to clean.

TIA

Ed

Reply to
Ed

alt.internet.appliances but it's almost dead. There are some very good forums. Just Google appliance and forum.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Specifically for a coffee grinder, you might try alt.coffee.

Reply to
Seth Goodman

Thanks, Al. I've tried that, but the problem is they all are focused on large appliances. I did find

but there are no postings except one asking for a moderator. I tried posting to it but for some reason my post never appeared.

I expect the lack of interest is because the small appliances are typically thrown away these days. But I'll keep looking.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Thanks, Seth. I'll take a peek.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

I can't help you with your Braun coffee grinder but I can suggest a highly recommended coffee grinder that I bought and love: A Starbucks Barista. Typically costs $120 but you when Starbucks has a sale you can get it for around $80. We had ours for over 6 months and we're very satisfied. I don't make expresso which places the most demands upon a grinder.

Reply to
John

Thanks, John. I'll take a look. The Braun 3045 has a MSRP of about $80 and can be bought on eBay for about $50 plus shipping, which migh bring it close to the Barista on sale. It worked well for several years, grinding mostly the oily Starbucks French Roast. I wonder if the Barista will hold up as well?

Ed

Reply to
Ed

I don't have the literature in front of me so I can't provide details, but the Barista has an extremely good warranty.

Reply to
John