Brassing fitting help?

1st, I am NOT a plumber but I can turn a pipe wrench. I ordered a replacement brass tank cross tee for my well tank and because I measured the OD the unit I got is much larger than the original. However, I believe I was able to obtain enough bushings to connect most of it to the existing pipes.
The one remaining is the pipe from the tank itself. That is a 1" male plastic (gray colored). The new tee I have has a 1 1/4 inch union fitting therefore presenting a big make end on the tee.
Can anyone come up with a combination or method to connect the 1" male pipe from the tank to the big male union fitting on the tee? I don't care if its a union, just the ability to connect.
FYI - because the tee was a special order it is not returnable. The professional supply house where obtained is/was NO help what so ever.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks - B

It sounds like you have one half of a 1 1/4" union on the new fitting. In that case, why can't you buy another 1 1/4" union and use half of that new union together with a reducer to connect to the 1" male pipe from the tank.
Sounds like you need a 1 1/4 coupler, and a 1 1/4 to 1 inch bushing.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus