Brass pipe

Where is brass pipe/tubing typically used? I've only seen it used in things like *beds* (frames).
Said another way, where might I find surplus/scrap brass tubing in assorted diameters/lengths (say 1-8' long, 1-4" dia)?
["New" it's outrageously priced]
"Don Y" wrote in message
Where is brass pipe/tubing typically used? I've only seen it used in things like *beds* (frames).
Said another way, where might I find surplus/scrap brass tubing in assorted diameters/lengths (say 1-8' long, 1-4" dia)?
Brass is very expansive and it is use where steel is corrosive and copper is too soft.
["New" it's outrageously priced]

Firetrucks.

It was used as electrical conduit for swimming pool lights until PVC came along.
On 4/3/2016 6:07 PM, Tony944 wrote:

It's also thermal expansive.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 3:59:49 PM UTC-4, Don Y wrote:

lots of brass beds are steel pipe plated wth brass look
On 4/3/2016 3:45 PM, bob haller wrote:

That's probably true of modern beds. Ours was brass with 4" dia posts (but steel rails). IIRC, it came out of a "house of ill repute" from the late 19th century in one of those mining towns in Colo.
On 4/3/16 6:45 PM, bob haller wrote:

Some "solid brass" beds use steel pipe inside thin wall brass tubing.
--
The government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
- President Ronald Reagan