Brass Door Handle

I had a bunch of questions about two months ago. What was one of the topics, and I can answer your question.

Reply to
Kate

Whoops. It would appear you have brass *PLATED* hardware, not solid brass.

Reply to
dadiOH

Unless the base metal isn't steel. Pot metal (zinc) maybe.

Reply to
dadiOH

Easy...

  1. Buy a door knob/handle.

  1. Take it to a plating shop and have it gold plated. Shouldn't cost all that much, the amount of gold used in electro-plating is miniscule.

Reply to
dadiOH

Ah, okay. It's aluminum (plated with nickle then plated with brass). Or wood.

Reply to
HeyBub

Was it guaranteed not to tarnish? Does the package contain false advertisement? If the package says it won't tarnish and it did, what did the manufacturer tell you?

If you really want shiny low-maintenance metal, avoid brass and get stainless steel.

Reply to
Phisherman