Brass Door Handle

Page 2 of 2

Are you the Kate that had a bunch of questions about a month ago? If so, what did you end up doing?
On 5/31/2010 8:58 PM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

topics, and I can answer your question.
On 5/31/2010 4:25 PM, ransley wrote:

I have it. Thank you!

Baldwin. Other than not tarnishing I don't care for it. We bought it 25 years ago because it would unlatch a deadbolt with the inside lever. The outside is a thumb-latch & though I liked it fine 20 years ago- now my thumb is weaker & I'd prefer an outside lever.
IIRC it was about $200-- but it was the only one with that perceived 'safety feature' - so momma liked it & I installed it.
Jim
On 5/31/2010 5:23 PM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

through the inside garage door when parking my car.
I am getting some great tips from everyone and I appreciate it.
Thanks Jim.

Was it guaranteed not to tarnish? Does the package contain false advertisement? If the package says it won't tarnish and it did, what did the manufacturer tell you?
If you really want shiny low-maintenance metal, avoid brass and get stainless steel.