Brass Bathroom Fixtures

I own a 100+ year old house, where I am now updating a bathroom.. I have several, solid brass fixtures, that I have significantly improved the appearance via hard scrubbing with Brasso etc.
I am curious if there is a preferred way, to maintain that current shiny appearance. Previously, they were REAL Drab (aka ugly).
On 07/26/2014 5:43 PM, Rob snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

lacquer is what's applied to new stuff...

Thanks, to the two of you, for the advise. I will use lacquer!
On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 18:10:19 +0000 (UTC), Red Green

Will ask for that brand, thanks for the advise!
On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:14:24 +0000 (UTC), Red Green

Actually I did NOT note the " :-) " ! I did try,now i know why unsuccessfully, to find a supplier/ local store for your Noted Product.
Surely I was not expecting an " :-) " response - amid the other MOST Helpful reponses to my inquiry. I have previously recieved most valuable advise, for my other home related issues! Never before did I receive a Joke response!! Learning!