Brand New LG Refrigerator -- Help remove plastic coating

I have an LG refrigerator LSC21943ST. Basically the installers could not get all of the plastic protective film off the stainless. It is stuck in between the door and the flange for the water dispenser (see picture). What is the easiest way to get this off. My first thought was to remove the flange if I could figure out how, then the plastic should come off easily. Any help is appreciated.

crust

See what? a picture of a refrig. ok

Unless you know what your doing and it doesn't sound like you do don't even try to remove the flange. Why not get a really really sharp or new box cutter and really really take your time and try to trim off the plastic slowly between the crack. I mean take your freakin time, you get in a hurry and you will have a great big long scratch in your new refrig.

Reply to
evodawg

I wouldn't be taking apart anything unless you wanna void the warranty. Why not call who you bought it from and complain?

=46rom your post you seem to be saying that the plastic is underneath the flange?

If so, how about using a single edge razor or utility knife to cut the plastic between the door and flange, and then peel it off?

Reply to
Ron

The picture was intended to show the flange around the door. I've tried calling the dealer and LG. The dealer says they are not authorized to SERVICE it, only to sell it and LG says call the dealer. I am within the 30 day return window so it might just go back. I've tried the really thing xacto as well as using tweezers to grab the edge of the plastic. And it works in that it pulls a little piece off, but then it gets to small to get a good hold on and that is where I am stuck. Not to mention that the door handles get in the way as well.

Reply to
crust

If you have an X-Acto knife with a *new* blade, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to cut that plastic away.

You might be "gun shy", if so, surround the flange with a couple of pieces of loosely placed duct tape in case you slip.

(I would still call whoever I needed to call to take care of the problem)

Reply to
Ron