Brand new Ariens snow blower leaks oil.

Page 1 of 2
I just can't figure out from where. If I run it and then let it sit over night there will be oil under the unit. I looked all around the orange housing and it's hard to find any one specific spot. It's almost like a super thin coat of oil over everything. Is there anything I should be looking for? Any loose connections/bolts that are common? I've only had the thing one year and used it about 3 times. I bought it at the Homeless Depot so any warranty work would have to be done elsewhere. I would love to find this without carting it to a shop.

Return it, and buy another from the shop you'd have to cart it to. That's where you should've bought it to begin with.

Return the reject

If only we could return everything that was over one year old (eyes rolling)
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 21:32:58 -0800 (PST), poison snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hmm, your subject line says "Brand new......". Now you say its over a year old. Do you even have a clue? Bubba

Brand new = I bought it at the end of the winter season last year. It was used like two times last year and one time this year. In terms of the life of an Ariens snowblower, yes I would consider that to be brand new. Do you have any experience with snowblowers or do you just scan newsgroups to fill the various voids in your life?

We're wondering why anyone would buy a piece of equipment that's likely to need service, from a company that offers no service. Especially a piece of equipment you can't easily put in a box or in your car.

"We're wondering" Who exactly is "we"? Your multiple personalities? You are not very bright are you? Did you ever hear of an "authorized service center"? Probably not. I guess if a company offered you something at $1000 off you would say (or in your case "we would say") no since you don't offer service here. Guess what? I called my local equipment company and although they are not listed at ariens.com. They handle warranty work for Ariens. Now what will you do with yourself this holiday week? (What will "all of you do"?)
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:09:17 -0800 (PST), poison snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I guess I am part of "we".
If you had done your homework, you would have found that a local shop that provides real expertise and service sells that snow thrower for the same price as the place you bought it. Buying for them would have had major benefits to you. Some obvious and some not so obvious.
I would be willing to bet that any "authorized service center" will naturally and properly take care of their own customers ahead of machines that were bought at Home Depot. You didn't save any money, either, chucklehead.
On Dec 17, 5:48 pm, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

They will take care of me just fine since they know me by first name there, thank you. Yes I saved over $1000 on it. Sorry d*ckhead, Home Depot clears them out every year and they were filled to the hilt with Ariens snow blowers last season. They kept marking them down numerous times. Sorry.
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:30:04 -0800 (PST), poison snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Okay, so you went from being a jerk to being a complete liar. Nice work, putz.
On Dec 18, 6:29 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Why does the truth hurt so much? Is it that I pointed out your ignorance? Do you know how to use a computer? If you did you could see mail order sites and get their price (hint: try alamia.com - guess what they even have free shipping!) Now call your local equipment company that you idolize and get their price. Now compare those two prices to Home Depot's end of season clearance. Quite a difference. Just like the difference between my intelligence and your lack there of. Bye bye.
On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:12:46 -0800 (PST), poison snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You claimed you bought your Ariens from Home depot and saved $1000 dollars. Seeing as the most expensive model they sell is around $1500, I'm thinking that makes you a liar.
When I bought my Ariens Snow Thrower, I checked Home Depot as a part of due diligence, and found the same model at my local tractor store for the same price. I would ghave bought it from the tractor store even if it had been a hundred or two more. One possible advantage of that is that my Ariens was professionally assembled and service before I got it, and MINE DOESN'T LEAK OIL.
On Dec 19, 6:33 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

My snow blower is from the Ariens deluxe line. Not some half-ass 2- cycle crap that you bought. The assembly out of the box does not consist of assembling the engine you bozo! But I can understand your inability to setup such a simple thing. Due dillegence? Man you really are stupid (and to quote you - a liar.) Maybe you live in Alabama where they sell your so called cheap Ariens snow blowers.
Why don't you check out: http://www.alamia.com/index.asp?PG &ID=5&VSP=1
Wow an Ariens snow blower for over $2500. I guess you are not used to such equipment? Not to worry though I can understand as you seem to have a limited intelligence and as such your type of employment/income would follow. So go piss away more of your money on the belief that you will be treated like royalty when your crap machine dies. Your local shop is laughing all the way to the bank when you walk in.
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:18:51 -0800 (PST), poison snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You told us right up front that you bought it at Home Depot, liar!
Best of luck next time you try and ask for help here.
On Dec 19, 6:33 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

And if it did you would buy a NEW one, eh?

I think you should post using your FULL first name, MoRon.
On Dec 19, 5:22 pm, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Did you think that up all by you widdle self? How cute!

So, I take it you are implying I'm far from being the first person to call you a moron?
On Dec 19, 5:48 pm, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

No, I'm pointing out how simpleminded you are.