Brand bathroom faucet stem

My house is over 25 years old. I bought it about 3 years ago. The handle in the bathroom is stripped and it slips when it turns. I looked all over it but cannot tell what it is. How can I find out? If I can't, can I replace the whole thing myself or is ir a job for a plumber?

Reply to
Herbbrau

It can be a lot harder - if you don't turn off the water supply.

Reply to
G Henslee

A real plumbing supply store can match your old part. Some better stocked hardware stores can also. At Lowes or Home Depot it is a potluck depending on who helps you. The big store don't stock as wide of a selection.

Read the other posts and ask more questions if you have them.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Single handle? If it is a Delta (very popular) you will see the same style in most any hardware store, Home Depot, etc. You can buy a replacement. It may only be the set screw that holds the handle, or it can be the stem that it is attached to. Rebuild kits are available for that also.

If it is a dual handle system, you can buy replacements for that also. To take the old one off you usually pop a cover off the top, loosen the screw and just pull the knob off

I don't know your skills, but in general, faucet replacement is fairly simple. The hard part is getting the old one out as you are working under the sink and it can be difficult to get the nut that holds it in place. A special wrench is made for that.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski