Branch 25'-30' up in tree; any EASY way to trim it?

Page 2 of 2
Stellijer wrote:

High-limb rope saw. http://www.right-tool.com/higlimhancha.html
It's like a chain saw, without the motor. I'm thinking of getting one myself.
Not a new idea; I swear I've seen something very similar in an old documentary on Sweden.

but if you are patient enough, they do work.
toller wrote:

I regularly use a pole saw; I can't imagine this is much worse. Yeah, it's a workout, especially for larger branches. I've done them up to about 4" diameter.
Today I was over at the Wisconsin Arborists' Assn. annual tree-climbing competition. Those guys have tons of safety equipment and climbing skill, and obviously it's a lot easier to do things right. It's probably also safer to be on the opposite side of the branch that gravity is going to be pulling it!

http://people.linux-gull.ch/rossen/solar/deathray.html
--
SVL

Ive heard of Rope saw blades attached to 2 pieces of rope and thrown in place. A possibility.
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:52:32 -0400, "Stellijer"

Climb the tree. If you can't do that, then just hire someone to do it and be done with it.
Stellijer wrote:

My RCA Directv dish is pointed *right* at the middle of a huge Beach tree, & gets a 95% signal. Maybe you have another problem?
Bert

Dishes don't need to see the sky in the direction they appear to be pointed.
They are like mirrors, with the LNB looking at the dish from BELOW the axis of the dish, so it is picking up reflections from the dish that come from significantly ABOVE the axis of the dish. In other words, the dish is "pointed" higher than it appears to be from its shape.
You cannot get a steady signal through a tree.