Brakes on an Ariens GT19 HELP

I own an Ariens GT19 lawn tractor that the brakes have failed on it. You have to run the hydrostat between fwd and rev. to get the thing to slow down. The Park on the gear selectior doesn't stop it either. Is there a repairman in the house that can lead me in the right direction ? I would like to repair this myself if at all possible. Thanks, Iowa883