Bradford White Water Heater

Page 2 of 2

As of a few years ago, in the U.S. water heaters have to have the burner inside a flame arrestor burner chamber. Those are usually implemented by using a fine honeycomb air intake under the burner. The problem is that that honeycomb will very quickly get plugged with dust and dirt, causing the oxygen sensor to kill the flame. I'd make sure that you cleaned that before replacing any parts.
Julie Bove posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

I would call the Bradford White and ask them. Water heaters have changed where the flame and surrounding area is "explosion resistant". It cuts the gas if the flame is not sensed and trigger a mechanism to close, which is not repairable IIRC. My opinion is the installing company is incompetent. I agree it is a draft problem - at the heaters location. Is it in an enclosed room and does it have sufficient louver area?
--
Tekkie

It's in the garage. Don't know about the louver.