Bra stretching

I am going to ask this question here, because there are lots of similar items around the house you may have had this experience with:
We recently put our motorhome in the shop for a new tranny. I guess they left the bra unvelcroed on the front. When we got it back, the vertical velcroes don't match up and have spaces because the big vertical panel inbetween has shrunk. It is about four feet wide and four feet high.
What can I use to soak/wet/treat the naugahyde like material to get it back to its original shape? I will probably have to spray it, pop the snaps back on, and pull it into place. Maybe I can put some clamps on it with some 1x2s and bungees and lightly pull that portion. But, then, I don't want to stretch it out too much, and have it all pooched out. Neither do I want something that will dry out, and then pull the velcro loose again.
Anyone have experiences with this kind of stuff?
Steve
heat will stretch it. My dad used to do furniture upholstery and we had a steamer that we used to stretch vinyl. If you have a regular car you could just leave it in the car in the sun and let it get real hot. If not you may see if there is an upholstery shop around or just buy your own.
This unit is very similar to the one we used
http://allbrands.com/products/abp02475-0085.html
Wayne

--
Jim Rusling
Partially Retired

Sorry, but that group has gone to the dogs after being made into a political rant site.
Steve

How did you get the thing on in the first place?
Any chance you could get it hot either via sunlight or in a clothes dryer and then put it on?

It USED to fit, but when I got the MH back from having a tranny changed, just the corners of the thing were in contact. The vertical velcro strips were spread apart too far to make contact. I figured that if I wet it, I should be able to make it fit again, but then I wondered if it would just dry up again, and pull apart.
Soooooooo, I wondered if I put some form of treatment on it, or protectorant if that would work, and not evaporate. But then, if it stays stretched out, it may be baggy and saggy. So, looking for ideas before I do something that might not work, or that might screw it up.
Steve
Steve, The heat is the only thing that will work. Vinyl will streatch more when hot. The Jiffy Steaner is the tool to use in a shop but will set you back a couple hundred bucks. As stated before you can leave the bra out in the hot sun and you will be able to stretch it on then. Vinyle will shrink with age and eventually become unstretchable. The softeners are drawn out by the UV rays of the sun. Vinyl is plastic with softeners added. The sun draws them out and you eventually end up with plastic. Hard and brittle. Heat it up, stretch it on and protect it with a good vinyl product. Paul