'boxing' in furance and hw tank?? Any code req't or ideas?

I was wondering if any of you in the HVAC field could give me some advice? Is it possible to 'box' in a hw tank and a high effic. furnace? What I guess I am asking is how much clearance is needed? I have a small wood shop that shares space with these heaters and I am curious if I can put up a wall to keep the dust to the units at a minimum. I could vent the enclosure also if required...
Can anyone help??
Thanks.
Andrew.
If we are needing to quote codes, etc.... I am in Ontario...
Make sure that the enclosure your furnace is in has adequate air for combustion.
This is a good solution.
http://www.tjernlund.com/combustionairintake.html
RB
The Good Bohemian wrote:

Thanks for the reccomendation. As far as I know, the high. effic. furnace I have vents outdoors through a pvc stack. I suppose I should get an HVAC guy in to give me the real skinny on this one.
Andrew.
The vent you're describing is the exhaust vent. An equal volume of air must be allowed to come into the house ("make up air") from somewhere or the furnace won't function properly.
RB
The Good Bohemian wrote:

I think that the other pcv pipe allows 'make up air' to be pulled from outside. There are 2 pvc pipes coming off the furnace and all of the parts on the unit itself appear sealed (with the exception of a small removable strip of metal to house the 25x16x1 filter media.
I could be wrong... it has happened many times before... lol
Thanks, Andrew.

combustibles for each unit. Be concerned about makeup air unless your furnace is a condensing unit with pvc 2" pipe bringing in combustion air. Makeup air vent area is based on the btu of your appliances. Howe

Thanks kindly for the great info... I had not idea that the enclosure restraints would be based on btus. My furnace does have the pvc stack as you mentioned. My real concern I guess would be the hw heater as it's a conventional design and is ng powered.
Thanks, Andrew.