Boxer resistant fence

My daughter wants me to build a new fence.

She has 2 boxers and they keep knocking out fence posts.

She has one of those "alternating wood fences" where there are alternating fence planks on her side and on the neighbors sides.

I would prefer to not have to take down the old fence.

thanks for your ideas. :-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Tony Hwang

I meant fence planks.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Run an electric fence wire around it.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

.44 magnum

Shoot the fence.

If that doesn't work, shoot the dogs. ....et cetera.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Is this Groundhog Day? I thought we did electrocuting boxes last week.

Reply to
rbowman

On 27 Jul 2015, "Ralph Mowery" wrote in alt.home.repair:

Great idea! Let's start a new thread about it!

Reply to
Nil

Hard to believe I'm the serious one.

Use ring nails instead of smooth nails

Better yet: Use screws instead of nails.

There are gizmos that go into your electric drill that hold the screw in place while you use the drill to screw it in, all the way in. The gizmo lets go gradually as the screw goes in. But you can just use a screwdriver bit and skip the gizmo.

One screw at each end of the plank ought to do it.

What are they attached with now? If you say screws, I may have to reboot my computer.

Reply to
micky

Or put you in the yard for them to play with. :-)

Reply to
Andy

Run electric fence wire down the middle of the fence. Or, loop the fence wire around each fence plank.

Or, you can glue the planks with bacon glue.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Armco??

Reply to
clare

Run a runs of 2X6 around the yard at roughly 1.5 and 3 feet above ground (or whatever the "sweet spot" is for her Boxers) Boxers have hard heads.

Reply to
clare

Might need to put steel straps across before putting in the scres so the Boxers don't just split the planks off the screws.

Reply to
clare

On 27 Jul 2015, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in alt.home.repair:

Poison-tipped razor wire would save on electricity costs.

Reply to
Nil

Do you act like a prick in all the newsgroups you read or is it just here ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

On 27 Jul 2015, "Terry Coombs" wrote in alt.home.repair:

It can happen just about anywhere. Usually, like this time, it's a reaction to repeated trolling.

Reply to
Nil

You have an interesting concept of trolling . I saw a couple of suggestions about containing the dogs ... both of which had some merit IMO . Gotta say , from where I'm standing it looks a lot more like you're the troll .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Hey, you better sit on it. Obviously you don't like dogs and cats too?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

On 27 Jul 2015, Oren wrote in alt.home.repair:

The answer is hidden within.

Reply to
Nil

On 27 Jul 2015, "Terry Coombs" wrote in alt.home.repair:

Perhaps you didn't notice that the guy asked the same question a few days ago. You probably don't know that he has a history of doing the same thing in other groups. Perhaps you didn't notice that my suggestion was patently absurd. Perhaps you didn't notice that several other answers in this thread were also patently absurd.

Perhaps you need to get out more.

Reply to
Nil