Boxer resistant fence

Page 1 of 2
My daughter wants me to build a new fence.
She has 2 boxers and they keep knocking out fence posts.
She has one of those "alternating wood fences" where there are alternating fence planks on her side and on the neighbors sides.
I would prefer to not have to take down the old fence.
thanks for your ideas. :-)
Andy
Andy wrote:

On Sunday, July 26, 2015 at 10:10:19 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:

I meant fence planks.
Andy

Armco??

Run an electric fence wire around it.
alt.home.repair:

Great idea! Let's start a new thread about it!
On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 00:14:41 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

Run a runs of 2X6 around the yard at roughly 1.5 and 3 feet above ground (or whatever the "sweet spot" is for her Boxers) Boxers have hard heads.
On 27 Jul 2015, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in alt.home.repair:

Poison-tipped razor wire would save on electricity costs.
Nil wrote:

Do you act like a prick in all the newsgroups you read or is it just here ?
--
Snag

alt.home.repair:

It can happen just about anywhere. Usually, like this time, it's a reaction to repeated trolling.
Nil wrote:

You have an interesting concept of trolling . I saw a couple of suggestions about containing the dogs ... both of which had some merit IMO . Gotta say , from where I'm standing it looks a lot more like you're the troll .
--
Snag

alt.home.repair:

Perhaps you didn't notice that the guy asked the same question a few days ago. You probably don't know that he has a history of doing the same thing in other groups. Perhaps you didn't notice that my suggestion was patently absurd. Perhaps you didn't notice that several other answers in this thread were also patently absurd.

Perhaps you need to get out more.
Nil wrote:

Hey , I get out plenty ! Why just today I went up the little dirt road to the big dirt road to the highway to get to town ! Took the wife to Pizza Hut for lunch - after we got some more chicken feed and a piece of steel tube for a project . OK , I didn't see his previous post , don't even recall seeing his name here before . Apparently I don't read the groups he's been posting in ... but your suggestion of poisoned razor ribbon sounds like something a dog-hater would say ...
--
Snag

The answer is hidden within.
Nil wrote:

Hey, you better sit on it. Obviously you don't like dogs and cats too?
Tony Hwang wrote:

He claims the OP is a troll ... but you notice he did NOT respond to the OP , but to other respondents . Told me I need to get out more ...
--
Snag

.44 magnum
Shoot the fence.
If that doesn't work, shoot the dogs. ....et cetera.
nb
On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 12:10:23 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

Or put you in the yard for them to play with. :-)
On 07/26/2015 08:58 PM, Andy wrote:

Is this Groundhog Day? I thought we did electrocuting boxes last week.
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 26 Jul 2015 19:58:39 -0700 (PDT), Andy

Hard to believe I'm the serious one.
Use ring nails instead of smooth nails
Better yet: Use screws instead of nails.
There are gizmos that go into your electric drill that hold the screw in place while you use the drill to screw it in, all the way in. The gizmo lets go gradually as the screw goes in. But you can just use a screwdriver bit and skip the gizmo.
One screw at each end of the plank ought to do it.
What are they attached with now? If you say screws, I may have to reboot my computer.