Bow (loop) vent height relative to drain?

We have limited head room in our basement and need to run both a drain and vent under the joists. The vent is in a bow vent configuration.
Does code typically require the bow vent to be higher than the drain or can they both run close to the joists?
Specifically, does the bow vent need to be higher than the drain along the entire length of the run?
Thanks, Jeff
Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:

You could post to Terry Love's excellent forum: http://www.terrylove.com/wwwboard/messages/7269.html (relavent message)
You might prepare an ASCII diagram of the layout.
Jim