Bought more batteries

Page 2 of 2
Well, Gilligan, this thread is drifting.
I've found that NiMH cells from Ebay (bought for great price) turn out to be low quality, don't last long, and way over hyped as to mA capacity.
They don't last very long in any device, and ended up, had to put most of them in the scrap. The false economy led to no savings at all. Just wasted money.
The Duracells from Walmart lasted a couple years, and the Rayovacs, also. I still have the ROV, and cycle the 24 of them through the charger every month or so. For no really good reason.
I did buy a pack of ROV, LDS cells, which fail me now and again. (Can't let anyone know I've been dropping LSD batteries on the floor, my Bishop would put me in drug rehab.)
I also tried Powergenix, which are a whole different cell, and require their own charger. The higher voltage of 1.7 is nice. Thy are damaged if they fall below 1.1 volts, and I've had a lot of these fail after a while. I may buy more, I'm down to just a few. I like them in my computer speaker, louder than the 1.2 volt NimH.
Glad I'm not buying single use alkalines for 75 cents a cell. I'd be more broke than I already am.
On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 20:20:37 -0400, Stormin Mormon

I bought 2 dozen Enerloops with Panasonic labels on them earlier this eyar. So far...all are working just fine.
I posted the link the the seller several times. They were something like $0.75 each
Gunner
"
Thanks for the reminder. Those, I think they are same as the LDS (Low Self Discharge) batteries Nate and I have been discussing. I think.
When the drug craze was going on, in the seventies, I am fortunate, no one offered me LSD, and I still don't like to type those letters. I wonder if low self discharge batteries are acid? We have lead acid, and SLA cells....
On 9/21/2013 1:50 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

That must be tough for a LSD, er, LDS member.
I've been on LDS for twenty plus years. Been a good trip, so far.
On 9/21/2013 10:52 AM, rbowman wrote:

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 11:47:41 -0400, Stormin Mormon
Humm.
You said you are in your 50s. That would put you in your 30s when you joined up. You also said you came to Mormonism late in life (to meet women). I'm not sure I'd call 30ish "late in life".
On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 06:30:55 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Yes...they are Low Self Dicharge batteries.
I have a mini mag sitting here on the desk that I charged in Febuary that I use as a test...its still just as bright 7 months later as it was when I took the batteries out of the charger.
I keep them in my Olympus C-4000 digital cameras. I take a lot of photos and charge them about every 2-4 months. They last very well and run at full power up till the last 2-3 photos. My truck camera has 180 flash photos on the memory card since the last time I charged it...in June.
http://us.sanyo.com/eneloop/About-eneloop-Batteries
"
On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 06:30:55 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

It's more correct to say LSD is the same as Enloops. As far as I know, they were the first on the market. Enloop is the original brand name, LSD is the generic name now that there are others. Kind of like all copy machines are Xeroxes and all simple cameras were Kodaks.
Gunner is right. I have a couple dozen AA and AAA Enloops and they have been flawless. First batch soon after they came out, second batch perhaps a year ago.
On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 06:30:55 -0400, Stormin Mormon

It's about personal responsibility I WAS offered all sorts of things and said no thanks. I don't count on luck to keep my life orderly. We seem to have opposite philosophies.
That's why I call you a flaming liberal - you count on the system and chance to baby sit you.
Fun with batteries,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmgyk0U1Q4c
Buy enough of them go off the grid,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnEK1X_uOfE

This just in! Advertisement before your video. Says to be extra careful with button or small flat batteries if you have children. The batteries are easily swollowed, and are toxic. http://www.energizer.com/special-promotions/Pages/Coin-Lithium-Safety.aspx
On 9/21/2013 7:53 PM, Fat-Dumb and Happy wrote:

Thank you for the links. They are good. I don't have that level of soldering skill, but it sure opens up good ideas. I do have friends who are much better than I, and might enlist their aid. I can imagine that the ability to charge small batteries from the sun, could be a very good skill to have, if the main power grid were down. As for me, I do have a solar charger. And by the time I run out of primary cells, I've got other problems like freezing to death in my trailer, or the UN forcing me to resettlement camps like the old lady in New Orleans. I don't wanna go!
On 9/21/2013 7:53 PM, Fat-Dumb and Happy wrote:

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:54:57 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

What would you have them do? Change their entire manufacturing process because a small number of customers (i.e. one) are having problems? Send you Duracells or Energizers?
Of course they're going to send you coupons to replace defective product with (hopefully) non-defective product... That's what companies do. It's the cheapest way out.
So when the world goes off, you're blown and lit... until you run out of batteries! Then what?
When I run out of batteries, there will be much bigger problems on hand, like lack of gasoline, National Guard troops with orders, lack of indoor heat, lack of food, forced resettlement of citizens, lack of refrigeration, etc.

manufacturing process because a small number of customers (i.e. one) are having problems? Send you Duracells or Energizers?

replace defective product with (hopefully) non-defective product... That's what companies do. It's the cheapest way out.

until you run out of batteries! Then what?

On Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:04:49 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon blathered incoherently:

My advice is to drop your tidy whitey magic undies and kiss your ass good bye! ;^)
I'll print this off, laminate it and carry in my wallet. Might be the best advice I've gotten, all year.